Sometimes your plans don’t work out because God has better ones.以下是小编为大家搜索整理的2017年9月公共英语一级阅读专项训练，希望能给大家带来帮助!更多精彩内容请及时关注我们应届毕业生考试网!
Linda was a few minutes late. Wilson 16 the office when she got there. His secretary told her he 17 back in a few minutes. She 18 sit down and wait for a few minutes in outer office.
”I’ll never get this job,” she 19 herself. For a moment she wanted to 20 the building. Just then, Wilson came 21 the door and hurried into his office. A few minutes 22 his secretary took
Linda in and introduced her,
Linda apologized 23 . Wilson didn’t seem to 24 .They chatted casually ***随便地*** for a few seconds and then 25 . He 26 her letter of application.
”You’ve never worked in radio or television before, 27 ? “he said. Now she was 28 that she would not get the job. Wilson asked her 29 questions.
30 he seemed impressed with her other qualifications***资格***.She was 31 when he asked her if she could start soon. “I wonder if you’d mind 32 next month?” he asked 33 .
34 seemed she had got the job 35 .
16. A. had left B. has left C. was left D. would be leaving
17. A. had been B. came C. was D. would be
18. A. should B. had to C. would D. was able to
19. A. told B. spoke C. said D. talked
20. A. run out B run of C. run out of D. run away
21. A. through B. across C. cross D. along
22. A. latest B. last C. late D. later
23. A. to being late B. for being late C. to be late D. for the late
24. A. mind B. listen C. notice D. hear
25. A. took down with business B. came down to business C. settled down with business D. got down to business
26. filled out B. took out C. sent out D. threw away
27. A. haven’t you B. do you C. have you D. don’t you
28. A. even more sure B. much sure C. even sure of D. sure of
29. A. a few such B. a few more C. much a few D. more a few
30. A. As her surprise B. To her surprised C. For her surprised D. To her surprise
31. A. even more surprise B. even much surprise C. even more surprised D. even much surprised
32. A. starting B. to start C. start D. started
33. A. by a smile B. with a smile C. by smile D. with smile
34. A. It B. This C. That D. He
35. A. not at all B. after all C. all D. after that